Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Thirty.

 I'm excited about what's to come in this decade!  I have officially hit 30!  My parents schemed with my husband and came to Wake Forest to surprise me for my birthday!  It was great!  I had been telling Jon that I wanted to eat at Texas Roadhouse a lot lately and we never got to go so he told me that we were going to go there to have dinner the day before my birthday.  Little did I know that my parents would be there when we showed up.  As soon as I saw them I started crying because that's what I do now.  Anything that touches me makes me cry. I'm an old soul.  


We had a delicious dinner together and then I got to show them where I worked afterwards.  The next day we had a yummy breakfast, went shopping at a barn sale, one of my favorite boutiques (thanks Dad for telling the lady it was my birthday to get a discount!), a nursery, and had dinner at the Olive Garden (I live for their salads!)

Here's Mom and Jon...


And me and Dad...


My parents left that Sunday morning to make the track home and then that night I had a surprise party from my small group!  They pulled out all of my favorites...

Mexican food...

An amazing cake from my favorite bakery...


Yellow cake with chocolate frosting and Oreos in the middle...along with rocky road and cookies and cream ice cream!  Hello, sugar!  


And they even had presents, balloons, and these napkins!  


I'm just sad I didn't get a group picture!  It was a fabulous 30th birthday and I can't wait to see what this decade has in store!  Thank you everyone for making it so special!

No comments:

Post a Comment