Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Snow Cream

We got some snow in Wake Forest!

Here's our front yard...


and here's the backyard...


Jon had to go into work this morning at 4 AM!  Eww!  He's pretty nice to go to work today because he made it safe for people around campus today.  I was lucky enough to get to stay home due to the "treacherous road conditions".

Once he got home he decided that we HAD to make snow cream!  So that's what we did!

We gathered the snow...


Luckily Jon caught a dead spider that almost made its way into the bowl.  Phew!

I was playing in the snow while he was gathering it and when I turned around he had gotten quite a bit!

 
So we got to work...


We mixed together 1 cup milk, 3/4 cup brown sugar and 1 tsp. of vanilla.


 Then we added our snow and ta-da!  Snow cream!


And a very happy husband!


Here's another fun picture....


I still have my pumpkin from October!!!  How crazy is that?  Maybe it will keep until this October.  Ha!

I hope you're cozy and warm wherever you are today!  I feel like a kid in school again!  Too bad I'm not at my parents house sledding down the big hill in the front yard....oh, the memories!

Happy Snow Day!

Love,
Katie






1 comment: