Sunday, January 26, 2014

A Super Happy Husband



We had such a fun time at the North Carolina vs. Clemson basketball game tonight! Jon has been a huge fan for a really long time.  As a present for his graduation this past December, my parents got him tickets to go to a game.  We ended up having a great time...and I'm not even a Tarheel fan!

We started our night out by eating at a local burger joint in Chapel Hill called Buns...


I have eaten here once before and I was sure that Jon would love this place.

We split a large order of fries (half sweet potato and half regular)...


There was a TON of fries!

Here's Jon's burger....


And mine....


It was soooooo good!

After we ate, we walked around downtown.  We went into a few stores....


This cracked me up!

We also walked by a cookie shop that I'd never heard of before...


What?!?!?!  Insomnia Cookies? Turns out that this place delivers cookies until 3 AM in the morning! Warm, gooey cookies!  Genius idea!

You'd better believe that I marched right in there and got me a cookie!  

Here were their options...


And if you know me pretty we'll, you know that I got the triple chocolate chunk cookie.


When I ordered this cookie, the guy working there got it fresh from the oven.  It was gooey, filled with delicious chocolate, and the angels started singing when I took my first bite.  Glorious!

Jon got a white chocolate macadamia nut cookie.  It did not disappoint!


After we were stuffed, we walked over to the arena for the game.  We had great seats!


As soon as we found our seats I made Jon get up and take a picture.  I'm that wife. :)


And again....


Here's everyone warming up...


And here they are running out...


The National Anthem...


And the introduction of the starters...


I also videoed this part, but my video won't upload.

Then it was time for the game to start...


I have to be honest...I didn't clap the entire game.  I'm not a fan of either team.  I'm a Duke basketball fan and a Tennessee girl through and through.  I really just enjoyed seeing Jon so excited and happy.  I almost cried at one point because I was so happy for him.  Ha!

While I wasn't taking pictures or trying to text people pictures (the reception in the arena was terrible), I was Jon's cup holder.  Haha...I figured I had better make myself useful.  


I really did enjoy watching the game. I love basketball, but like I said, seeing Jon so happy was priceless!




Once the game was over, we hung around for a bit to see what happened.  The Carolina fans sing some kind of song and that's it.


Carolina ended up winning and I was thankful they did because I had a very happy husband.


We had a great time at the game.  The next thing on our bucket list is a Duke basketball game.  We've been to a NC basketball and football game and a Duke football game, so that is all that's left.  Hopefully we will get there within the next few years.

Thanks again, Mom and Dad!  We love y'all!

Love,
Katie...and Jon, too!




No comments:

Post a Comment